We are delighted to welcome Tanya Sanchez to our team, as an extern through the Girls Inc. Eureka! program. This is our fourth year participating in this summer program and each June we just get so excited to have the extra hands and imaginative young brain around. 🙂
Tanya is a thoughtful teen from Carpinteria High School. In addition to being on her school’s softball team, she has already taken duel-enrollment classes at Santa Barbara City College! We were thoroughly impressed and to get to know her even better, asked her a few questions during her first week with us.
1. Outside of this awesome externship, do you have any fun summer plans?
I plan to go to concerts. One concert I know for sure I am going to is called Warped Tour. This will be my 3rd or 4th time going. I usually go with my mom because my friends don’t have the same taste in music and most of the time they are on vacation. I enjoy going to museums, too, so plan to go to an exhibit.
2. What do you like studying in high school?
I like to study science and math.
3. Any thoughts on what you’d like to study in college?
I am not sure what I want to study yet, probably anything to do with animals.
4. What’s the best part about Girls Inc.?
The best part about Girls Inc is that you can be your true self and you won’t get judged by that. You feel welcomed right away and you feel comfortable there.
5. What is your dream job?
My dream job is to be a veterinarian or a surgeon. A couple years ago I wanted to be a tattoo artist as well.
6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
If I was able to go anywhere in the world I would go to Italy.
7. Do you have any pets?
Yes, I have a dog named Scooby. He is a shih tzu.
8. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
In my spare time I enjoy listening to music, drawing, or playing with my dog.
9. If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
If I had to eat one thing for the rest of my life it would be tacos.
10. Do you have a favorite kind of music?
I listen to metal, alternative, and pop. So I would say those are my favorite music.
11. Describe yourself in five words!
Trustworthy, shy, quiet, curious, and good listener.
~ ~ ~
Welcome to the team, Tanya!